Join Stefan Michel for an in-depth discussion in this video Customer star: Positive, part of Service Innovation.
- Someone famous has said,…"Innovation is one percent inspiration…"and 99% perspiration."…In my daily work with companies,…I often feel reminded of that quote.…It is fairly easy to generate 10 ideas…for service innovation, but it's very hard work…to implement just one of them successfully.…Over the years, I have developed my own framework…to help executives and entrepreneurs…to align their decisions and actions…around what customers really want.…My framework is called the customer star.…
In order to successfully implement any service innovation,…a firm must make choices in regard to each point…of the customer star.…Those choices must then align and support each other.…What we have learned over the years…is that the customer star is generalizable…and that the eight dimensions are important to most firms.…However, not all dimensions are equally important…in any given setting nor should they be.…I have also learned that the customer star…is a flexible framework that can easily adapt…to specific contexts.…
For example, a government agency may not need…
Once you understand service innovation in its different forms, you can design and implement your own innovations. Each chapter combines real-world case studies with a methodological framework to help you become a better "idea hunter" for service innovation. After you identify an innovative model, you will learn how to align and execute your innovation by applying the customer star model and by embedding your innovation approach in your overall business strategy.
- What is service innovation?
- Innovating by relieving and enabling customers
- Linking attributes, benefits, and values
- Innovating value constellations
- Innovating outside your firm
- Designing around the customer's need with customer stars