LinkedIn Learning is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
- Identifying your customers
- Building rapport
- Enhancing likability in person, on the phone, and via email
- Using active listening techniques
- Taking ownership of problems
- Empathizing with customers
- Defusing angry customers
Skill Level Beginner
- I love customer service. It's fun to meet new people, and help them. I like the opportunity to make a difference in someone's day. Now, it's not always easy. It seems like we encounter a new challenge every day. Some customers are difficult to serve, and we don't always have all the answers. As customer service professionals our organizations count on us to overcome obstacles, and find a way to keep our customers happy. Hi, my name is Jeff Toister. I'm an author, consultant, and trainer who helps customer service teams unlock their hidden potential.
I'd like to share with you some proven techniques for delivering outstanding customer service. These are techniques I've learned from spending more than 25 years working as a customer service trainer, manager, and front line employee. This LinkedIn Learning course explores three fundamental skill sets. Creating stronger customer relationships by building rapport, exceeding your customer's expectations, and proven ways to solve problems, and defuse customer anger. Along the way we'll also look at how you can personally benefit from developing your customer service skills.
If you're like me you'll find that using these skills can make serving customers a little easier, and a lot of fun.