This video offers a few key insights to effectively ending bullying, including tying positive behavior to corporate values, and creating action items for a more positive workplace.
- The most important tip I can give you…on removing bullying from your workplace…is to focus on replacing it…with a healthy workplace culture.…This is the crux of everything you do to solve bullying.…If you're a manager or supervisor in your organization,…you can implement these steps I'm going to provide you…inside your own team.…If you're an SVP of Human Resources,…an executive, or the leader of your organization,…I encourage you to implement these steps company-wide.…Step number one is to create a committee…of culture change champions.…
You can either send out an email and ask for volunteers,…or you can handpick people,…or maybe a little of both.…No matter what,…you want the committee members to represent the population.…Next, create a social vision.…A vision says,…here's where we are going,…it serves as the endpoint on a road map.…Now, you may already have a corporate vision,…and perhaps it guides the overall decisions made…by organizational leaders.…A social vision is very different,…it's an internal statement that guides…
She defines the key differences between conflict, harassment, and bullying, and helps you assess the prevalence of bullying in your organization. You'll learn the importance of stepping in to stop it, and coaching those identified as bullies. Catherine also highlights the role leadership plays in exemplifying the right behavior and being transparent about supporting a healthy workplace. To create a positive workplace that's free from bullying, she suggests a healthy workplace corporate policy, tying positive behavior to corporate values, ongoing training, and the use of performance management.
- Bullying vs. harassment vs. conflict
- The costs of workplace bullying
- Assessing the prevalence of bullying in your organization
- Stepping in to stop bullying
- Implementing a corporate policy
- Implementing training programs
- Leading a culture change initiative to effectively prevent bullying