Join Anil Gupta for an in-depth discussion in this video Cultivating a global mindset, part of Global Strategy.
- In 2000, the then President of Chrysler…concluded his visit to India by noting to a reporter,…"Call me when you have built some roads."…He never imagined that India's car market would grow…from half a million units, in 2000,…to nearly three million by 2015…making it the world's fifth largest,…just behind Germany.…Not surprisingly, Chrysler is notable…for its mere absence from the Indian market today.…
Others, such as Hyundai, Suzuki, Toyota,…Honda, GM, Ford, they looked at the market very differently…and a powering add.…As this incident illustrates mindsets,…that is the lenses through which people make sense…of the external world, matter.…Biases, rooted in past experience,…play a big role in shaping an individual's mindset.…That is universal.…
What is not universal, however,…is the extent to which an individual…becomes a prisoner of the past,…versus also being able to take…into account tomorrow's emerging reality.…Deliberate efforts to keep refreshing one's mindset…is particularly critical in times of rapid…and discontinuous change.…
This course is aimed at helping managers learn how to maximize the benefits while minimizing the costs and risks associated with global expansion. Anil K. Gupta, Michael Dingman Chair in Strategy and Globalization at The University of Maryland's Smith School, and one of the world's leading experts on global strategy, outlines the logic of global strategy and the questions you need to address in order to globalize your company's market presence and leverage global resources.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why go global?
- Prioritizing across the world's markets
- Designing entry strategies
- Frugal innovation
- Leveraging global resources
- Cultivating a global mindset