Join Whitney Johnson for an in-depth discussion in this video Crowdfunding, part of Entrepreneurship Foundations.
- An emerging form…of financing is crowdfunding.…This is the collection of funds through small contributions…from many different people in order…to finance a particular project.…For entrepreneurs looking to eventually attract…investors, a crowdfunding campaign can…demonstrate market demand and attract publicity.…As for how to successfully orchestrate…a crowdfunding campaign, I spoke to my friend…Kelly Keenan Trumpbour, the founder of See Jane Invest,…and she suggests the following,…first use the campaign to fund a very specific project…or product run within the business.…
It's not an open-ended call for money.…Second, limit how much money you try to raise.…The majority of successful campaigns…are looking to raise $25,000 or less.…Third, there's a reason it's called a campaign.…Like a political campaign, successful crowdfunding…is dependent on well thought out marketing…and a grassroots strategy that will take…three to six months to come to fruition.…Fourth, tend to the campaign daily.…Once launched you need to have a dedicated person…
- Finding your idea/problem to solve
- Finding your first customer
- Writing a business plan
- Deciding on a legal structure
- Building a team of employees and advisors
- Marketing your business
- Building a website
- Minding cash
- Managing stress
- Funding growth
- Balancing entrepreneurship and life
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Finding Your Big Idea
2. Starting Your Business
3. Building a Team
4. Marketing Your Business
5. Scaling Your Business
6. Funding Growth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.