Many consulting projects just fizzle out over time, but yours doesn't have to. Ending with a project wrap meeting sets you up for future engagements and strengthens the trust your buyer has in you. Discover the three key talking points you must address to make sure your project ends on a high note.
- How you end your consulting engagement…is almost as important as how you start it.…But unfortunately, a lot of consulting projects…just kind of fizzle out.…Most of the work is done,…you stop talking to your buyer,…your agreed upon duration expires,…and then it's just kind of over.…But that's a huge disservice to your client…and to you.…Having a strong project wrap…makes you look more organized and reliable,…and it also leaves your buyer and their peers…with a great impression.…
So the next time they need some help,…you're the first person who's gonna spring to their mind.…So what's the secret to a great project wrap?…First, schedule a wrap meeting, a formal one…with all of the people who were in the room…when you kicked off the consulting engagement.…Start by recapping the original objectives.…You've been in the thick of this project…for who knows how long,…but the people in leadership, they have lots of agendas…and they may have forgotten…the original scope of the project.…So recap the objectives and the metrics…
- Learn how to position yourself to highlight your unique value
- Review methods for concluding a consulting engagement that highlight wins and set you up for future work
- Recall how to manage multiple clients, prioritize these relationships, and build your business all in a 40-hour work week
- Review how client relationships change through promotions, terminations, or other organizational changes
- Explore how to ask for referrals that grow your footprint inside large organizations