The member will learn how CTQs are metrics that provide customer focus for projects and processes
- When you order pizza for delivery,…what's important to you?…Well, you probably don't want to wait too long,…and you definitely don't want cold pizza.…Don't want to wait too long, and don't want cold pizza,…are what's important to customers.…But these are expressed when from the customer's viewpoint.…These are what we call the Voice of the Customer, or VOC.…VOC are needs and expectations…expressed in the customer's language.…Now, put yourself in the shoes…of the pizza restaurant owner.…
How can you make these words meaningful to your employees…as they make and deliver pizzas everyday?…You will have to translate them…from the customer's language,…into language that your employees can relate to…when they perform their work.…Put another way,…you have to translate the Voice of the Customer,…into Critical-to-Quality requirements, or CTQs.…What are CTQs?…CTQs are the performance characteristics of a process,…product, or service,…that are critically important to customers.…
CTQs are measurable, and how good they need to be…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.