Learn how to simultaneously combine your goals with your clients' goals in the prep phase, avoid the two biggest mistakes in pre-call planning, find the time for two-minute planning.
- So I want to talk to you about the two biggest mistakes…that people make in pre-call planning.…Number one is they script their call,…and number two is not setting clear call objectives.…So let me tell you a little bit about…what I mean by that.…First, let's look at scripting your call.…It never works.…Have you ever been on the receiving end…of someone who was just wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah,…and you couldn't even get a word in edgewise?…The reason scripting the call doesn't work…is because it doesn't leave any room…for the customer's agenda.…
And what is the sales call actually about?…It should be about the customer's agenda.…And the second thing that people often do…is they don't set clear call objectives.…And I want to be really specific on this,…because a call objective is what action…do you want the customer to take?…For example, if your call objective is to demo your product,…that's not a customer action.…Demo the product and have the customer…take you to their boss; that's an action.…
Demo the product and have the customer agree…
In this course, Lisa outlines key techniques to find and leverage your "noble purpose" and connect with customers on a deeper level. Learn the three key elements of a great call opening, when and when not to use a pitch deck, and the secrets to creating a sales process that can flex with different customer types. Last, she provides advice to develop yourself professionally, such as how to talk to senior leaders and position yourself as a strategy partner instead of a pitchman, when and how to take your boss on a sales call, and how to network effectively. Use these tips to close bigger, close faster, and make your work more meaningful.
- Selling with noble purpose
- Sales as a fast track to leadership
- Making the first call
- Avoiding sounding scripted
- Recovering from a bad call
- Working with your bosses and senior leaders
- Networking and being coachable