- Identify how to break down complicated issues into smaller components.
- Determine the definition of an effective problem statement.
- Identify the primary benefit of focusing questions.
- Identify a problem's root causes.
- Apply critical thinking tools to analyze and unpack consequences.
- Recognize how to prepare others to think critically.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Have you ever solved one problem, only to realize you created a bigger one? Have you ever thought you solved a problem, but then discovered you only cured a symptom and didn't fix the root cause? The reason these things happen is because you're not thinking critically. Critical thinking is both a mindset and the application of some real, simple tools. I'm Mike Figliuolo, and I've been applying and teaching critical thinking methods for years. Across all different industries and business functions, I found these critical thinking skills to be invaluable. In this course, I'll share critical thinking techniques like defining the real problem, the five whys, the seven so whats, the 80-20 rule and how to conduct insightful analysis. I'll discuss how you can apply these techniques to your daily work and how you can build a culture of critical thinking within your team.