Stacey is called a career strategist for a reason. A good strategy is at the forefront of a career change, and you will not be successful without one. In this video, learn concepts for the strategy needed to create a path to your new career.
- If you're sure you're in the wrong career,…and you want to get on the right path,…the steps outlined in this course…will require patience…and if you've made it this far,…you might be at the point…where you're thinking this is too difficult.…Hey, if it was easy, everyone would do it.…Ask yourself, how important is a career change?…If you know you need to make this change,…if you feel it in your gut,…you won't be happy until you take action.…Stop dreaming of a life you think you should have…and find the courage to go after what you want.…
When making a career change,…we always look ahead of us…but we don't look to either side.…Our focus is laser straight…and fixated on our goal…and if we try and we fall short,…we call the entire mission a failure.…But there are multiple options…and more than one path…to reach the goal ahead.…We just have to change our mindset a little.…I'll give you an example of a client…who embodies this exact scenario.…She wanted to be a clinical psychologist.…Instead she became a teacher.…
How did that happen?…
- Recognize what you can do to become ready to transition into a new career.
- Explain what you could do if you know what job you want but just aren’t sure you meet the qualifications to obtain it.
- Recall what it requires to get on the right path if you are sure you’re in the wrong career.
- Recognize how feedback can help you with your decision to change your career.
- Identify what internal networking at your current job has to do with making a career change and leaving that job.