Join Simon T. Bailey for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a team communication contract, part of Building Business Relationships.
- View Offline
When you manage a team of employees,…sometimes conflict occurs among your team members.…Have you ever been thinking of ways to approach employee conflict and wish…you had a how-to manual or plan on how to resolve it.…If so, your team needs to come up with a communication plan,…which is an agreement that outlines how each…team member wants to communicate, address conflict and…be recognized.…Use this plan to create trust among the team…and ensure you don't only have communication but a connection.…
This ensures your employees understand their…roles, responsibilities and rules of engagement,…and creates individuals that think of the entire team, not just themselves.…When your team individually contributes…to the terms of the plan, they believe in…the integrity, and form an emotional bond as a team.…This team becomes productive, timely, consistent, and energetic,…which ultimately eases the pressure off the leader and delegates…communication down through the team. The communication plan comprises…the team's answers to the following questions.…
Discover how you can build meaningful rapport, set yourself up for visibility and success, manage up when you don't click, develop executive presence, and cross-train within a team to better serve the organization.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the four key business relationships
- Building relationships in person and virtually
- Supporting your manager's objectives
- Articulating your needs to your manager
- Managing up
- Communicating with difficult team members
- Resolving cross-department conflict
- Identifying mentors and sponsors
- Making first impressions with executives<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.