Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating sustainable supply chains, part of Supply Chain Foundations.
- When you think about all of the horrible…things associated with business,…using fossil fuels and creating harmful emissions,…destroying communities via the extraction…of natural resources,…using so many of the earth's natural resources…that habitats are destroyed.…Creating tons of industrial waste each day,…toxic waste, nuclear waste,…creating products that will one day occupy…landfills for hundreds if not thousands of years.…Who, in business is responsible for most of those things?…I'm unhappy to say it's the folks in the supply chain.…
Yeah, that's the bad news, but here's this good news,…this also means that the folks in the supply chain are…the ones with the power to make this world a better place,…and here's even better news,…you don't have to be into sustainability to be on board.…Why, because there really is no difference…between good supply chain management…and sustainable supply chain management.…What do good supply chain managers want?…They want to buy fewer materials, make only what is needed,…use the least amount of resources,…
- Identify parts of a supply chain.
- List the keys to successful global supply chain management.
- Describe the concept of inventory in supply chain.
- Explain how to choose a supplier.
- Work with SCMs in different industries.
- Describe how to transport and distribute your product.
- Integrate and coordinate the entire supply chain.
- Create ethical and sustainable supply chains.