Join Mike Figliuolo for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating strategic filters, part of Strategic Planning Fundamentals.
- When you go to create your strategic filters,…it's an exercise very similar to the exercise you'll do…to create your vision and your mission.…You're going to look to get the right people in the room,…the Manager of the organization,…their direct staff, people from functions…that support the team, and look for people…from multiple levels of the organization to be involved.…Take a look back to the organization's core competencies…that you defined.…Look at your vision, your mission, your goals,…and your guiding principles,…because those are all going to be filters…that help keep you going in the right direction.…
When you generate your filters,…look for qualitative and quantitative filters.…You'll want things that say, "This is what we are…"as an organization."…And some of those quantitative filters to say,…"These are the metrics that are important to us."…And then you're going to get everybody in the room…and conduct the same whiteboard exercise…where people throw out ideas…as far as what they think the evaluation criteria…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Avoiding strategic planning risks
- Assessing the market
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Defining your direction, mission, and vision
- Determining core competencies
- Evaluating and prioritizing opportunities
- Assessing your initiatives
- Organizing for success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Before You Begin Planning
2. Defining the Strategic Environment
3. Setting Your Strategic Direction
4. Determining How You'll Compete
5. Evaluating and Prioritizing Opportunities
6. Assessing Your Initiative Portfolio
Using a 2x2 matrix2m 56s
7. Organizing for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.