Join Peter High for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the role of business information officer, part of Creating Your IT Strategy.
- The larger your organization, the more ideas IT typically…needs to deliver in the form of new projects.…The issue is exacerbated if your company…has multiple business units or operating companies.…Maybe you've experienced it first hand…but often the leaders of different divisions,…business units or operating companies…don't know what the other division of the company…have as priorities for the IT team to work on.…As a result, they have the false perception…that the priorities that they've articulated…are the ultimate priorities for IT.…Or what if the top five projects from one division…are all less beneficial to the enterprise…than five from another division?…Depending on how long you've worked in IT…you may recall a time not so long ago…when the majority of projects pursued…by the other divisions of the company…did not include IT development or components.…
Now the reverse is true.…And the reason is that IT is an essential ingredient…for innovation in most business disciplines today,…and customers are increasingly technologically savvy,…
In this course, IT strategy consultant Peter High outlines how to create an agile IT department, measure IT performance, and create the role of business information officer. He also suggests ways in which leaders can change the organizational conversation about technology by sharing the IT mission, cocreating other departments' strategies, and finding areas of alignment.
- The changing nature of IT
- Making IT strategic
- Creating an agile IT department
- Measuring IT performance
- Cocreating other departments' strategies
- Creating an IT mission for the entire organization