Join Drew Boyd for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the marketing plan, part of Marketing Foundations.
- A formal written marketing plan is a great way…to document the planning process.…It serves many purposes.…First, it captures all the things you and your team…have learned about the market, the competition,…and your customers.…This information is critical,…because it becomes the supporting evidence…for the strategies that you and your team decide to pursue.…Second, the plan serves as a tool…to help you align the organization.…Marketing involves many people,…so you'll need to get everyone on board…and going in the same direction.…
The written plan becomes a source document…to create presentations, to conduct training,…and to give directions to external partners.…Believe me, you'll use it a lot.…Finally, the written plan lays out…a coherent and coordinated set of…marketing programs with schedules and budgets,…so you can run a smooth operation.…Now, there are many formats…you can use for the written plan,…but most plans will include the following components.…
An executive summary that gives a brief,…high level review of the plan.…
You'll also learn to address tactical challenges and present the plan to get buy-in throughout an organization, from the C-suite to the sales team, as well as use the marketing plan to guide outside agencies and vendors. Finally, you'll learn how to launch the campaign and measure its performance.
- Marketing in an organization
- Assembling the team
- Creating the marketing plan
- Analyzing your products, customers, and market
- Segmenting customers
- Creating a value proposition
- Developing a strategy
- Setting goals
- Setting prices
- Using social media
- Presenting your plan to leadership
- Budgeting your plan
- Measuring success
Skill Level Beginner
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
Understanding Marketing's Role
Analyzing Your Business
Developing Your Strategy
Developing the Tactical Phase
Aligning the Organization
Launching and Measuring Your Plan
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.