Give and you'll receive. Learn how to create a culture of trust and give people the initial benefit of doubt.
- There's a well known saying which says,…"you reap what you sow."…And this is true of everything in teamwork.…If you help the others, they'll help you.…If you make an extra effort for people,…they'll do the same for you.…And if you trust others, they're more likely to trust you.…You have to sow before you can reap,…which means that someone needs to take that first step.…It might as well be you.…Of course, the reverse is also true.…So, if you expect someone to do a great job,…they're more likely to.…
But if you expect them to let you down,…they're also more likely to.…If you don't trust your team members,…they will be more likely to behave in that way.…I'll give you an example of this.…I was manager of a packaging company in England.…We had about 200 people working there.…When I was first shown around on day one,…the boss said to me, "There you are.…That's the clocking in rack. There's all the cards."…And I said, "Yeah, alright."…And he said, "And that's your card in the top corner."…And I said to him, "Really? I have to clock in?"…
- Identify how to work effectively as a team without management.
- Develop skills for better communication and trust.
- Determine how to handle conflict on a team.
- Assess how to deliver results reliably.
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Importance of Teams
2. What Makes a Great Team?
3. Your Responsibility to Other Team Members
4. Becoming a Better Team Member
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.