Join Cindy Mayer for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a compelling offer, part of Hiring Your Team.
Now that you know the elements that can go into an offer letter, how do you …decide what to offer your applicant? If you're working in a large organization …the standards for what to include in the offer letter are likely already …determined and documented. However, as a hiring manager it's still a …good idea to understand the strategy behind determining an offer package. …There are four key areas of consideration when determining the offer package.…
First, the labor market conditions will have an effect on what's offered. …In a tight labor market the compensation or total package may need to be a bit …more generous than it would be in a market where applicants are plentiful. …This is because other companies are vying for the same applicants and so the market …becomes more competitive. A candidate conducting a job search may …be comparing your offer to several others in hand. …Next, the needs of your organization or department come into play.…
If the role is critical for the success of your department or company or if …
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing your needs
- Screening resumes
- Choosing your interview setting
- Understanding the types of interview questions
- Following legal guidelines
- Understanding interview bias
- Conducting an effective interview
- Dealing with interview challenges
- Conducting background checks
- Determining the offer package
- Writing a compelling offer letter<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.