Join Peter High for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an agile IT department, part of Creating Your IT Strategy.
- View Offline
- The silos of the modern enterprise…need to become more permeable.…Typically, major business functions,…such as Marketing, Sales, Human Resources,…Operations, Product and Service divisions,…Finance, IT, and others are their own separate buckets.…The traditional hierarchy is in major need of an update.…The reason is that so much value now…is derived at the intersections of those disciplines,…whereas in the past, your Marketing department…would hire people with MBAs with Marketing concentrations…who had Marketing experience at other companies.…Today the Marketing department needs to hire people…with a depth of knowledge in that discipline,…but they also need to have Technology experience…as more Marketing campaigns have…a heavy emphasis on digital channels.…
Another change you're probably seeing…is that everyone needs to be more customer-centric.…Perhaps in current or past companies that you've worked at…Marketing, Sales, Product and Service divisions,…and a small cadre of other departments…had the true customer contact.…
In this course, IT strategy consultant Peter High outlines how to create an agile IT department, measure IT performance, and create the role of business information officer. He also suggests ways in which leaders can change the organizational conversation about technology by sharing the IT mission, cocreating other departments' strategies, and finding areas of alignment.
- The changing nature of IT
- Making IT strategic
- Creating an agile IT department
- Measuring IT performance
- Cocreating other departments' strategies
- Creating an IT mission for the entire organization