In this course, Robbie Kellman Baxter—author of The Membership Economy: Find Your Super Users, Master the Forever Transaction, and Build Recurring Revenue—goes into the types of skills required in a membership economy company, why onboarding matters so much in long-term customer relationships, and how to optimize the experience for loyalty. She also outlines pricing for value in the membership economy, when free makes sense, how technology can extend the infrastructure of trust, and best practices for customer success and retention.
- Identify what is most important in the membership economy.
- List attributes that describe a superuser.
- Recall what does not justify a freemium model.
- Explain how to handle requests for cancellations.
- Identify best practices in building an active digital community.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Think of all the things you pay for on an ongoing basis, things like books, TV, music, your gym, your church, your professional association, Amazon Prime, the list goes on and on. What do all these organizations have in common? They're part of the membership economy, and that's what this course is about. My name is Robbie Kellman Baxter, I've been working with membership economy companies for 15 years, companies like Netflix, Survey Monkey, Yahoo! and Oracle. I've also written a book on this topic, and here's what I've learned. People crave membership.
People want to belong, and they're willing to pay for it, and it's possible for your organization to incorporate many aspects of membership into your business, no matter what stage you're in. In this course, I want to help you build a forever transaction, focusing on the long-term relationship with your customers, rather than those short-term transactions. I'll provide you with strategies that you can use to acquire and retain members, and I'll help you understand when or when not to use free as a tactic.
I'll also share common challenges you may be facing and how best to avoid them. Joining the membership economy isn't hard, and it doesn't require magical powers. With the strategies and knowledge you'll gain from this course, you'll be well on your way to building that forever transaction with your members.