Learn how to create an action plan that's made up of the steps your team needs to take in order to accomplish their objectives.
- Action plans make your teams work more deliberate,…requiring a clearly defined problem…and an objective to pursue.…Having a written plan with the tasks to accomplish this…helps minimize distractions while offering team members…an objective way to hold each other accountable…as they work toward their targeted goals.…The goals are the destination…and the plans are the vehicles you board…to get to the destination.…As author Antoine de Saint-Exupery once said,…a goal without a plan is just a wish.…
Think of your plans as a recipe for success.…For food, a recipe is set of instructions…that you follow when you want to make a particular dish.…It consists of a list of ingredients…and preparation instructions.…In essence, it's a formula…designed to create a desired outcome.…Like a recipe, an action plan is a sequential set of steps…your team needs to take…in order to accomplish their objectives.…Action planning begins with the team's goals…which are the long-term outcomes of your assignment.…
You start by dividing each goal…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying your leadership style
- Assessing your leadership readiness
- Understanding the stages of team development
- Working with different types of teams
- Establishing team mission and goals
- Evaluating team performance
- Managing a successful team meeting
- Creating a team action plan