Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Create shared purpose and a compelling vision, part of Executive Leadership.
- When Disney World opened in Florida a visitor…approached one of the Disney executives who was…there for the celebration and said,…"Isn't it too bad that Walt didn't live…"to see all this?"…The executive replied, "Walt did see it,…"that's why it's here."…Disney World exists because Walt Disney created…shared purpose and a compelling vision.…The shared purpose, Disney put it this way,…create the happiest place on earth.…The vision, Disney World, an amusement park full…of rides, entertainment, Disney characters,…music, and fireworks.…
Purpose and vision apply to all executive leaders…because they answer the critically important…why questions that go to the fundamental motivations…people bring with them or leave behind…when they come to work.…Why does this organization exist?…Why is what we're doing worth my effort?…Why will my work make a difference?…Weak answers to these questions drain…motivation and performance.…Effective executives know they must have…excellent answers to those why questions…because people are driven by the answers,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the four disciplines of executive leadership
- Thinking strategically
- Creating shared purpose
- Inspiring confidence—even under pressure
- Motivating and communicating
- Establishing priorities and focus
- Leading change
- Developing yourself<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.