Learn about how creating a safe environment within a team is about establishing and maintaining trust on an agile team.
- Do you always have to be right…in order for me to trust you?…Think about that for a second.…If the answer is yes,…then it's impossible for children…to trust their parents…and parents to trust their children.…It's also impossible for team members…to trust each other.…Trust isn't about being right all the time.…It's about relying on the ability,…integrity and honesty of someone else,…be it a child or a team member.…
Creating a safe environment within a team…is all about establishing and maintaining trust.…You can order people to trust each other,…but I can tell you that won't work.…What does work is establishing that you, as a leader,…see individuals as the ultimate source…of all value that can be delivered.…The best way to establish trust is to demonstrate it.…People make mistakes; it's a given.…It happens on my teams and it will happen on yours.…
As a leader,…be generous in your assessment of mistakes.…Always start with the belief…that the person who made the mistake is capable,…even if they're imperfect.…Always jump to the best possible conclusion…
PMI, PMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Agile principles and the agile mindset
- Defining valuable deliverables
- Engaging your stakeholders
- Collaborating across stakeholders
- Planning agile projects
- Troubleshooting projects
- Continuous improvement
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management: Comparing Agile Toolswith Doug Rose2h 58m Intermediate
Agile Project Management with Microsoft Projectwith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Intermediate
1. Agile Principles and Mindset
2. Value-Driven Delivery
Prioritize your backlog4m 42s
3. Stakeholder Engagement
4. Planning Your Agile Project
5. Team Performance
6. Troubleshooting Your Agile Project
7. Continuous Improvement
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.