Learn about the different formats available and how to audit your skill set.
- Now, I can tell you from my own experience…that when you put effort into creating your PDP,…you'll be more focused and you'll reach your goals faster.…I promise you, the things that I've achieved…in my career, I don't think would have happened…as fast if I hadn't sat down, created my PDP six years ago.…It's something I still do every six months, okay.…If you have a plan, you'll just get there faster.…It's that simple.…Now there are loads of different formats…of personal development plans out there.…Your organization that you work in may already have one.…If it's quite a big business, you probably already do.…You might have found something online.…
You might have found something…that you've maybe used in the past,…maybe one of your friends or your family members…have used one.…Or you could literally just create one…in an Excel format that is just really, really neat.…It doesn't really matter.…What matters the most is that your objectives…and everything that you put down is SMART,…okay, and I'm gonna cover that in a little bit.…
- Name what type of process a career plan is.
- Identify parts of the research step of career development.
- Recognize what the 70/20/10 model represents.
- Recall how the characteristics that make up a good mentor.
- Explain what to do after you choose a mentor.