Understand how to discover and improve new products and services within your company by managing with a sustainability lens. The majority of product sustainability efforts in businesses have been focused on meeting basic complaince and regulatory requirements. Many companies are beginning to move away from this to gain a competitive edge in going above the basics. Businesses should identify achievable goals and make small changes to lead to big gains.
- At many companies, the majority of…product sustainability efforts have been focused…on meeting basic compliance and regulatory requirements…as well as improving efficiencies.…This is a good thing, because compliance and cost-savings…are the foundation of…a strong product sustainability strategy.…However, many companies now see…that sustainable product development…goes beyond compliance,…and can give a company an edge in meeting…their environmental challenges…and better satisfying customer, product,…and service preferences.…
In these leading companies, the goal is…to incorporate sustainability thinking…as a foundation of the product development process.…They're moving beyond mere compliance…toward making sustainability a competitive advantage.…In what areas can you evaluate…and improve upon your own product sustainability efforts?…Let's look at a few examples.…You're in compliance with all applicable laws…and regulations in the countries…in which you do business.…Right?…Can you now substitute less toxic,…more sustainable materials into your products…
Last, he helps you figure out where to find resources to help track key metrics, assess your company's carbon footprint, and improve your environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Learn how to build a reputation as a company focused on sustainability.
- Discover how to manage supply chains more responsibly and effectively.
- Identify meaningful goals.
- Identify the distinctions between supply chains and value chains.