Join Jonah Berger for an in-depth discussion in this video Crafting useful and helpful content, part of Jonah Berger on Viral Marketing.
10 million views is a lot of views for any video, but for a video about corn?…Who cares about corn, and how could somebody possibly get 10…million views for one of the most boring topics out there?…Well, I interviewed him, his name is Ken Craig, and he…has a video that has over 10 million views about corn.…What's remarkable about corn, you say?…Why would someone share a video about corn?…Well, Ken Craig has a trick…for eating corn more effectively.…You think about eating corn, there are two key problems.…One, it always gets stuck in your teeth, and no Ken doesn't have a tip for that.…
But the second is cooking it in the first place.…It's easy enough to get the outsides off, the husk, but once you've got…that off there's those little annoying things that go down the side called silks.…It's really hard to get rid of the silks.…But Ken has a simple trick for getting rid of those silks.…Take an ear of corn, toss it in the microwave…for about four minutes.…Take it out, chop off the bottom quarter inch, hold…the husk, out drops the ear, clean ears every time.…
- Summarize the advantages of word-of-mouth advertising.
- Identify the six STEPPS to getting people to share.
- Explain the effects of a trigger.
- Describe the function of social proof.
- Recall the most effective strategies for spreading a marketing message.
- Recognize two components in a story meant to help spread a business message.