- You have to access to the exercise files for this course. I've included some things to help you get started in HR, including an HR Audit Checklist and a survey for your employees. I've provided some information to help you correctly classify employees as exempt or non-exempt and a worksheet to help you write your job descriptions. You'll also find a list of ideas for recruiting new employees, some guidelines for asking legal questions in your interviews, a checklist for new hires, and much more. I encourage you to download these files and follow along as we go through the course.
HR consultant Catherine Mattice outlines some of the considerations of the human resources professional, such as balancing the needs of employees with the interests of the organization. She reveals how to conduct an HR audit to identify HR practices that need improvement. She then outlines core HR responsibilities: staffing, training, documentation, compensation and benefits, performance reviews, job descriptions, compliance with state and federal regulations, and more.
- Explain the role of administrative HR.
- Describe how to build trust with employees.
- Summarize how to conduct an HR audit.
- Cite the best practices for personnel files and recordkeeping.
- Identify the important tasks involved in writing a job description.
- Recognize the fundamental components of a high-quality onboarding experience.
- Identify effective and ineffective ways to discipline an employee.
- Cite the key reasons for conducting an exit interview.