Join Catherine Mattice Zundel for an in-depth discussion in this video Course exercise files, part of Administrative Human Resources.
- You have to access to the exercise files for this course. I've included some things to help you get started in HR, including an HR Audit Checklist and a survey for your employees. I've provided some information to help you correctly classify employees as exempt or non-exempt and a worksheet to help you write your job descriptions. You'll also find a list of ideas for recruiting new employees, some guidelines for asking legal questions in your interviews, a checklist for new hires, and much more. I encourage you to download these files and follow along as we go through the course.
HR consultant Catherine Mattice outlines some of the considerations of the human resources professional, such as balancing the needs of employees with the interests of the organization. She reveals how to conduct an HR audit to identify HR practices that need improvement. She then outlines core HR responsibilities: staffing, training, documentation, compensation and benefits, performance reviews, job descriptions, compliance with state and federal regulations, and more.
- Building trust with employees
- Conducting an HR audit
- Classifying employees
- Setting up compensation and benefits
- Creating and enforcing company policies
- Writing job descriptions
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new employees
- Managing employee performance
- Training employees
- Disciplining employees