Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Costs of quality, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- Managing quality requires a vigilant commitment…to monitoring quality,…identifying problems at different stages…in the supply chain, finding root causes,…and then devoting resources to fix those root causes.…One very helpful way of seeing the costs of quality…at different stages of the supply chain…is by categorizing quality costs into four categories.…As we walk through these four costs,…notice how the longer you wait in the supply chain…to address the problems,…the more expensive the quality costs are…to the organization.…
The first cost of quality category…is internal failure costs.…These are quality problems that are found and fixed…within the supply chain before they reach the consumer.…These types of costs would include resources…wasted to produce the defective item,…disposal of the damaged good,…and possibly the cost of work and material…required to repair the damaged or defective item.…While having high internal failure costs…is not a great thing,…if a problem is found and fixed internally,…the customer never sees the problem.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.