Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Coping successfully with your transition, part of New Manager Foundations (2013).
Many people have talked about the loneliness of leadership that can't be…avoided, a feeling of being isolated and without support.…You can't agree to be a leader if you're not willing to sometimes stand alone.…Even in the best team environment, there will be times when the direction the…team or the organization needs to go involves making decisions which others will not like.…Gaining a promotion into leadership is likely to be one of the most…challenging life experiences you will ever endure.…Studies have shown that achieving that coveted promotion might be second only to…going through a marital divorce in terms of the stress experienced.…
It sometimes feels like you're trying to climb a greasy pole and yet no one…seems to be helping you.…When you are first promoted, it feels momentarily amazing, then, quite…suddenly, reality sets in.…There is no clear manual on how to start.…You are on your own and you might be unsure of what is really expected of you.…That's normal when you find yourself in completely new territory.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Clarifying performance expectations
- Feeding your learning curve
- Building rapport with your team
- Explaining your decision-making style
- Increasing your authenticity
- Communicating proactively
- Knowing when to have a meeting and who should attend
- Coping successfully with your transition<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.