Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling the integrated project, part of Managing Project Integration.
- If you have ever eaten an ice-cream on a hot day,…you would know that it can be pretty hard work…to stop it from dripping down your hand.…You need to eat from one side after the other,…keeping an eye on the entire ice-cream…to determine where your efforts are needed…to avoid a sticky mess.…Controlling an integrated project…can be a little bit like this.…The key to this lies in understanding…how each element of your project is interrelated…and how your project touches on other projects…within the business.…A change to any aspect of your project…can have an impact on other areas of your project…and it can also have a cascading effect…on the rest of the business.…
Let's imagine for a moment that you're managing a project…that involves the replacement of a finance system.…Work needs to be done in the very early stages…to determine how the finance system…touches other areas of the business.…You can then plan the integration effort accordingly.…For example, where the finance system…touches on the payroll management system,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Planning for integration
- Managing scope, cost, and risk
- Integration and communication techniques
- Staffing the integration
- Mapping project interrelationships
- Dealing with multiple critical paths