Vendors, employees, and contractors need to be under contract with your firm. Just like your clients specify performance terms with you, you need to specify performance terms and relationship parameters with vendors, employees, and contractors. For vendors, ensure the work they do for you is properly scoped and pricing is clear for both parties. For employees and contractors, ensure you're adhering to all labor laws and understand issues that could trip you up.
- Your vendors, employees and contractors…need to be under contract.…Just like your clients specify performance terms with you,…you need to specify terms and relationship parameters…with vendors, employees and contractors.…For vendors, ensure the work they do for you…is properly scoped and pricing is clear for both parties.…At Thought Leaders, I had an attorney I worked with…for a long time.…I asked them to do some work for me…and when I got the deliverable back,…I was pleasantly surprised.…It was really comprehensive.…
Then I get the bill.…I wasn't nearly as happy.…It was for $1,300.…I was expecting to pay two or $300.…When I got on the phone with them, it was clear.…We had a mismatch in expectations.…Because I had skipped the step of scoping the work…and putting a budget in place, we ended up with a problem.…After that point, all future work…that I was having done by any contractor or vendor,…was clearly spelled out.…You always want to hope that relationship…with contractors and employees go well.…
Many times, they don't.…
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.