Contracts protect both you and the client. There are a variety of contract types you run into, ranging from Master Services Agreements to Statements of Work. Engage competent legal counsel to help navigate contract issues. While they'll handle the legal elements of it, you'll have a large role in scoping the work covered by the contract.
- Contracts protect both you and the client.…There are many contract types,…ranging from master services agreements…to individual statements of work.…Engage a competent attorney to help you…navigate contract issues.…While they'll handle the legal elements of it,…you'll have a large role in scoping the work…covered by the contract.…For more details on contracting issues,…take a look at my contracting for consultants course.…Major components of contracts include scope of services,…ownership of work, liability,…confidentiality, pricing and payment terms.…
The attorney will help you with ownership,…liability, and confidentiality.…You'll need to have a lot of input into scope and pricing.…I'm not an attorney but I read and understand…every clause of every contract.…I've built boilerplate services agreements…and I reuse client statements of work…and master services agreements…once they've been approved once.…It makes future approval that much easier.…Master services agreements govern…the entire relationship between you and the client.…
- Working as a consultant
- Generating revenue as a consultant
- Cost structures, pricing, finances, and taxes
- Marketing and selling consulting services
- Negotiating and contracting
- Working with clients
- Presenting findings to clients
- Implementing recommendations
- Managing legal issues
- Insuring a business
- Getting licensed and certified
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.