In this video, explore HR's role as an advisor to the business with respect to facilitating organizational change and identifying opportunities to improve organizational effectiveness.
- You've probably heard the old adage by a Greek philosopher…who said, "Change is the only constant in life."…When it comes to HR,…we're often leading and guiding the organization…through change.…The consultation competency is one of three competencies…that make up the business cluster of the SHRM-CP…which represents 18.5% of the questions on the test.…Organizations with the greatest chance…of succeeding embrace change as a constant opportunity…to evolve the business.…
This is where HR's competence in change management comes in.…McKinsey and Company developed seven elements…that must be present for an organization…to achieve its goals.…They are structure, or the way work is divided.…Strategy, or the plan to improve its competitive position.…Systems, or the procedures the organization uses to operate.…Style, or the orientation of leaders and managers.…
Staff, or the way talent is managed and developed.…Skills, or current competencies.…And superordinate goals, or the organization's values…or guiding concepts.…HR problem solving,…
Disclaimer: This course is not produced nor endorsed by SHRM®.
- SHRM BoCK® behavioral competencies
- HR's role in promoting company values as an ethical agent
- HR's role in building and maintaining strategic relationships
- HR's role in crafting meaningful communication
- Having a diverse and inclusive workplace within a global context
- Using both quantitative and qualitative data to measure HR's effectiveness
- SHRM BoCK® HR knowledge domains and how they are measured