This video provides a discussion of distribution issues, particularly for new businesses.
- You've got this amazing product or service.…Now we need to get into the hands…of your potential customers.…Distribution answers that question.…How are we going to do that?…You might have the best ice cream on the entire planet,…You might have the best ice cream on the entire planet,…but if it's not on the shelves…and the stores where people buy it,…you have an uphill battle with your business.…So in the worksheet that we provided,…there are some questions that you can consider…about the opportunity factor of distribution.…
First of all how will your most likely buyer need…First of all how will your most likely buyer need…to get this product or service?…Are you going to sell it face to face?…Are you going to sell it over the Internet?…Or does it need to be in the stores?…Be honest with yourself about what the distribution model…really needs to be.…Second, do you already have established connections…Second, do you already have established connections…to these distribution channels?…Provide a brutal self assessment to yourself.…
- Recognize effective an ineffective starting points for finding new business ideas.
- Differentiate between business ideas with opportunity factors and those without.
- Break down how demand relates to choosing a business idea.
- List some of the resources you should assess before beginning a business.
- Explain what proprietary advantage is and how it can benefit your business.
- Summarize the benefits of creating a micro business plan before you invest money in your idea.