Join Cindy Mayer for an in-depth discussion in this video Conducting background checks, part of Hiring Your Team.
- View Offline
Once the finalist for the role is selected, the organization may conduct …additional screening activities before moving to the offer phase. …Let's explore the various checks an organization may use, and, as fair …warning, we're going to get into some legal topics. …So it might be a good time to grab another cup of coffee. …Before conducting any checks on a persons background, you should consider the …requirements of the position to determine which types of checks to include.…
I recommend that you seek legal advice when determining which activities are appropriate. …And remember that in the U.S. there are local, state, and federal …guidelines regarding background check processes. …Many other countries have their own guidelines to follow as well. …Let me also make note that the information in this video is provided as …general information only, it's not a substitute for legal or other …professional advice. And reliance upon this material is solely …at your own risk. Okay, let's look at some of the common …
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing your needs
- Screening resumes
- Choosing your interview setting
- Understanding the types of interview questions
- Following legal guidelines
- Understanding interview bias
- Conducting an effective interview
- Dealing with interview challenges
- Conducting background checks
- Determining the offer package
- Writing a compelling offer letter<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.