The member will learn how to complete the rest of the project charter
- How often have you gone to a meeting…where nobody knows its purpose or…what must be accomplished by the end of the meeting?…A meeting agenda would've solved that.…Similarly, a Six Sigma project needs a Project Charter.…In this movie, I'll explain how to complete…a Project Charter for a Six Sigma project.…The Project Charter is a document that…provides direction and focus to the project team.…It is management's authorization for the project,…spelling out purpose, goals, scope of work,…and assignment of resources to the project.…
In short, it provides legitimacy to the project's existence.…While there may be variations as to…how much is included in Project Charters,…here are the key elements of a Project Charter.…Project name.…Give the project a name for easy identification.…Opportunity or problem statements.…Describe the opportunity or problem to be addressed.…Remember, it should be a specific, recurring problem…that is measurable, relevant, and significant…to the organization.…
Goal statement.…State the goal or target result to achieve and by when.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.