Join Stefan Michel for an in-depth discussion in this video Complete customer star, part of Service Innovation.
- Many service innovations start with a problem,…someone is not happy about how things work…and so she or he changes the service.…In this video, I'm going to show you how we can connect…customer insights, illustrate it through attribute…benefits and values with the eight dimensions…of the customer star.…This is important because it links…the customer's perspective with the firm's perspective.…When I joined IMD, it was my great pleasure…to meet Jacques Horovitz.…
Jacques was on the faculty, but was spending more time…on his own business, Chateauform.…The name sums it up, Chateau is the french word for castle…and formation means education,…an education in a castle.…Jacques was a former marketing executive (mumbles),…a brilliant public speaker,…and wrote many books on service strategy.…Naturally, he was often invited to speak at conferences…or facilitate company workshops at hotels around the world.…
Accustom to the perfect service…he and the participants received at IMD,…he was often frustrated how poorly hotels supported him…
Once you understand service innovation in its different forms, you can design and implement your own innovations. Each chapter combines real-world case studies with a methodological framework to help you become a better "idea hunter" for service innovation. After you identify an innovative model, you will learn how to align and execute your innovation by applying the customer star model and by embedding your innovation approach in your overall business strategy.
- What is service innovation?
- Innovating by relieving and enabling customers
- Linking attributes, benefits, and values
- Innovating value constellations
- Innovating outside your firm
- Designing around the customer's need with customer stars