Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Competitive priorities, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- The hamburger.…Such a simple food that makes so many people happy.…Meat and a bun.…From there you can pretty much add…almost any toppings you'd like.…But there are so many types of hamburgers…and so many types of restaurants that sell them.…Some companies make hamburgers that look like this.…Others make hamburgers that look like this.…Is that really even worthy of being called a hamburger?…It's more like a hamburger-like substance.…How is it possible that these…two types of hamburgers can co-exist?…Well, let's throw some names behind these burgers.…
Let's say this hamburger is made…at a specialty hamburger restaurant, like Red Robin.…Let's say that this other burger is made at McDonald's.…Again, how is it possible that…these companies can both be successful?…Well, it all comes down to…what we call the Competitive Priorities.…Believe it or not,…companies compete on only four things:…Cost, Quality, Speed and Flexibility.…That's it. Nothing else.…I dare you to come up with something else.…Whatever you think of can likely be categorized…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Procurementwith Bob McGannon1h 24m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Qualitywith Bob McGannon1h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.