Compensation ties directly into company strategy. In this video, learn how HRIS systems provide the data needed to make strategic and compliant compensation decisions.
- Compensation management is nothing new…but it is when it comes to HRIS systems.…Compensation management is designed to help an organization…maximize the returns of available talent.…The ultimate goal is to reward the right people…to the greatest extent, for the most relevant reasons.…This can include the creation…of proper wage and salary levels,…managing raises and promotions, and incorporating bonuses…and other compensation incentives.…
You may also want to determine…if your overall compensation levels…are staying in alignment with strategic initiatives.…Compensation modules are offered…by a limited number of HRIS programs.…While the payroll features are there…to make sure employees get paid,…the compensation features are there to help decide…and manage how much they should be paid.…I remind you, what employees want more than anything else,…is a fair day's pay.…
An HRIS can allow a company to define compensation packages…across all areas of an organization, using just one system.…An HRIS can help tailor compensation packages…
DISCLAIMER: This course addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. LinkedIn (including Lynda.com) and the instructor are not giving legal advice. Neither Linkedin (including Lynda.com) nor the instructor represent you. The information conveyed through this course is similar to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. The views and legal interpretations presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Using dashboards
- Recruiting and hiring
- Managing the onboarding process
- Payroll integration
- Managing employee leave and time off
- Using HRIS systems to support performance management
- Working with learning management systems
- Reporting and compliance