In this video, explore HR's role in crafting meaningful communication across all levels of the organization.
- I've made it a practice to say to employees,…I know what I said, but I'm curious, what did you hear?…This habit came from my time as the HR manager…at a large, public school district.…I was responsible for rolling out a new piece of software…to administrators, teachers, and support staff.…I was a rookie and didn't fully appreciate…the strategic nature of communicating effectively.…It wasn't until I had to put out multiple fires,…that I understood how much my ability…to consistently deliver impactful communication…determined my success as an HR leader.…
18 and half percent of the questions on the SHRM-CP…come from the three competencies…included in the interpersonal cluster.…Communication is one of those competencies.…The communication competency is defined by SHRM…as the ability to effectively craft and deliver…concise and informative communications,…to listen to and address the concerns of others,…and to transfer and translate information…from one level or unit of the organization to another.…
Who says what to whom and when, in what way, matters.…
Disclaimer: This course is not produced nor endorsed by SHRM®.
- SHRM BoCK® behavioral competencies
- HR's role in promoting company values as an ethical agent
- HR's role in building and maintaining strategic relationships
- HR's role in crafting meaningful communication
- Having a diverse and inclusive workplace within a global context
- Using both quantitative and qualitative data to measure HR's effectiveness
- SHRM BoCK® HR knowledge domains and how they are measured