Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Communicating proactively, part of New Manager Foundations (2013).
Effective communication is proactive.…To be proactive refers to ways you can help your audience hear you and make…sure you hear them.…Yes, what you actually say to someone matters a lot, but what you say is only…one variable that determines how effective your message will be.…Stated differently, it's not always what you say, but when you say it and how you say it.…Let's consider several different tactics to help you communicate proactively.…First, let's think about timing.…Everyday, professionals are pressed up against deadlines and a seemingly never…ending list of tasks to be completed.…
Combine that with our level of efficiency and we often communicate too…little with others.…What I want you to remember is that Benjamin Franklin was correct, "An ounce of…prevention is worth a pound of cure."…Being proactive, matters.…So let's break it down.…What does being a proactive communicator mean?…When you're speaking with someone, look for important nonverbal cues.…Be careful to watch the eyes and the forehead for any signs of confusion or disagreement.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Clarifying performance expectations
- Feeding your learning curve
- Building rapport with your team
- Explaining your decision-making style
- Increasing your authenticity
- Communicating proactively
- Knowing when to have a meeting and who should attend
- Coping successfully with your transition<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.