Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Communicating externally, part of Business Writing Strategies.
- [Voiceover] What's the best strategy…for getting information to your clients and customers?…Your stockholders, the general public,…those external audiences.…Numerous strategies exist,…so let's analyze the advantages…and disadvantages of each.…Choices include video and teleconferences,…letters, news articles, television time,…text, email, voicemail, web pages, Tweets, Facebook,…and you can probably add another half-dozen…to the list.…
Which strategy is best depends on the purpose,…the urgency, the number of people…who need to be reached, the cost,…and the accessibility.…Let's analyze how we would determine…that best strategy for these scenarios.…First, you need to give all your customers…an informal, quick update:…a reminder that the 20 percent discount…on orders of 100 boxes or more is good…until the end of the month.…A mass email message strategy,…or a note on your web page, or both,…would work for that situation;…the cost for the reminder would be minimal.…
Another situation might be…that you have a client who wants to add…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Deciding when to begin or delay the message
- Presenting information
- Getting support for ideas
- Understanding the audience
- Communicating internally and externally
- Choosing the appropriate language and tone
- Using business writing outlines and templates
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Deciding the Strategy
2. Analyzing the Situations
3. Analyzing the Audience
Understanding audience needs3m 34s
4. Determining the Correct Written Channel
5. Strategy Specifics
6. Choosing the Language
7. Strategy Outlines
8. Templates for Common Writing Strategies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.