- What is empathy?
- How to be empathetic at work
- Practicing positive communication
- Identifying communication styles
- Approaching difficult conversations
- Practicing empathy in groups
- Fostering collaboration
- Encouraging coworkers
Skill Level Beginner
- Have you ever walked out of a meeting and realized that you didn't get anything done? Or have you ever entered a conversation at work with the best of intentions and it somehow devolved into an argument? If your team is constantly in these types of situations, it's likely because you struggle to communicate with empathy. And if you're not communicating with empathy, then you're probably not communicating effectively. I'm Sharon Steed and I'm an empathy consultant.
I've spent the past couple of years speaking at companies and conferences all over the world about empathetic communication. And the catalyst for all of this is a personal one. I stutter and stuttering a lot more than any other thing in my life has taught me extreme empathy. This lead to more productive conversations.
This is why I believe communicating with empathy is the baseline for highly collaborative teams. In this course, you'll learn how to practice empathy every single day. You will discover how to be an empathetic communicator in both one-on-one conversation and in a group setting. And finally, you'll learn what to do when empathy fails. If you consistently show genuine empathy, all of your conversations are going to improve.
Let's get started.