In modern organizations, the work that the product team is accomplishing is core to the organization. So you’ll be communicating with everyone, including the CEO. In this real-life scenario, see how it's the product manager's responsibility to effectively communicate how the work of the product team is aligned with the company’s vision and goals.
- As a product manager, you will be responsible…for most of the communication to stakeholders…outside of the product team.…And that's a big role because in most modern organizations,…the work that the product team is accomplishing…is core to the organization.…So, you'll be communicating with everyone…from the CEO down to the customer service team.…But I really want to focus…on those communications you'll have with the C-suite.…The product manager is responsible for understanding…the needs of the business from senior leadership…and bringing it to the product team.…
At the same time, the product manager is responsible…for effectively communicating…how the work of the product team is aligned…with the company's vision and goals.…Let's look at a scenario where Ray, our product manager,…is talking to the CEO, John, about the product roadmap.…- Ray, what's the product team focused on next quarter?…- Our product roadmap has us focus…on how we onboard new users into the app.…
Our goal is to make the process short and smooth.…
In this course, Jay Clouse reviews the roles and responsibilities of the typical product team and explains the nuances of communicating with each group of stakeholders, including senior leaders, company partners such as sales and marketing, and customers themselves. The course includes real-life scenarios that show these communication strategies in action during phases of product management—including customer discovery, road mapping, and sprint planning.
- Product team principles
- Members of the product team
- Product manager responsibilities
- Communicating with senior leaders, sales, marketing, and customer service
- Communicating with customers