The advantages of shared cloud spreadsheets: always up to date whoever views them, useful for yourself when travelling, no sync needed. They are secure - you can control people's access with passwords and you can give permission only to view, or to edit. Google spreadsheets aka Google Docs or Google Drive.
- I just want to put in a word for cloud-based spreadsheets…as opposed to normal Excel sheets.…If you're sharing a spreadsheet with other people,…then a cloud-based one like Google Spreadsheets,…which is completely free by the way,…is almost certainly better for three reasons.…First, any of the team can view it from anywhere.…If they're just in a different office,…or if they're traveling abroad,…or if they only have their phone…and they need the information.…And you don't need to think about…transferring it or synchronizing it.…
It's just there from any device.…Anywhere at any time.…In fact, it's quite weird when two people…are editing the same spreadsheet at the same time.…You can see a ghostly cursor moving around…changing things as the other person types.…You really can work on a document…at the same time from anywhere.…In fact, when we planned this course I was in England,…and my producer, Sabrina, was in Los Angeles,…and there were times…when we were both editing the same spreadsheet…at the same time.…Which was a little weird, but it worked really well.…
The most efficient people use technology and established systems of organization to manage their tasks and maximize their time. This course shows how to put these time management techniques to work for you.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Managing your inbox
- Managing repetitive tasks
- Using lists and calendars
- Maximizing spare time
- Organizing information digitally and on paper
- Getting the most out of technology and software
- Writing effective email
- Reducing filing