In this video Angela shares the most common agile product owner myths. She discusses myths such as lack of planning, little or no scope, and no documentation. Angela debunks these myths with key tips for teams on how to get through these common challenges.
- I love to watch those myth-debunking shows on TV…probably because I'm curious and love to learn.…Let's take a minute and hear about some common…agile product owner myths and debunk them.…Alright, let's get started.…Myth number one, there is no planning.…Well, as we've seen in the course thus far,…planning is paramount to agile success.…In agile, we plan differently.…We plan the product more than the project.…
We plan with increments of value…and only the team task detail…for the upcoming priorities and sprint.…In agile, value is the driver of planning,…where scope, time, and budget can change…as the team discovers where value comes from…and determines how customers…and markets react to the product.…We can cut time and budget short,…or we can extend it to cover new scope items.…
I like to think of it like a vacation,…where I may have a fixed budget and timeline but each day,…I can decide how to make my vacation valuable.…And my plan each day may change…based on how the day before went.…If I decide to spend more and run out of money,…
- Identify the goals of a product owner on an agile team.
- Explore the essentials of an agile roadmap.
- Examine the elements of an agile planning overview.
- Identify key agile product owner competencies.
- Recognize the fundamentals of the experimenting and prototyping phase of agile planning.
- Discover common myths of agile product ownership.