In this video Angela shares the most common agile product owner myths. She discusses myths such as lack of planning, little or no scope, and no documentation. Angela debunks these myths with key tips for teams on how to get through these common challenges.
- I love to watch those myth-debunking shows on TV…probably because I'm curious and love to learn.…Let's take a minute and hear about some common…agile product owner myths and debunk them.…Alright, let's get started.…Myth number one, there is no planning.…Well, as we've seen in the course thus far,…planning is paramount to agile success.…In agile, we plan differently.…We plan the product more than the project.…
We plan with increments of value…and only the team task detail…for the upcoming priorities and sprint.…In agile, value is the driver of planning,…where scope, time, and budget can change…as the team discovers where value comes from…and determines how customers…and markets react to the product.…We can cut time and budget short,…or we can extend it to cover new scope items.…
I like to think of it like a vacation,…where I may have a fixed budget and timeline but each day,…I can decide how to make my vacation valuable.…And my plan each day may change…based on how the day before went.…If I decide to spend more and run out of money,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The goals, background, and mindset of a product owner
- Product ownership as a team
- Understanding product requirements in Agile
- Defining a valuable product
- Analyzing a product roadmap
- Defining a backlog
- Creating an agile release plan
- Setting your expectations as an agile product owner