Whether you're managing an in-house team of salespeople or a group that's all remote, there are many challenges that you'll face as a manager. These common issues will enable you to learn from other people and speed up your own learning curve.
- No matter what your job may be,…there are always challenges that are specific…to just that position.…This is true with being a field sales manager, too.…You'll encounter challenges that all salespeople…and all managers face, however you're in a unique position…as a field sales manager and you'll quickly find out…that you're facing a good number of situations…that are approached differently in this job.…For me, when I was a field sales manager…there were a number of things that I faced…that I couldn't seek advice from other colleagues…who were in different jobs.…
They just didn't understand or had no real experience…dealing with it.…Here are some examples of challenges that you can expect.…New environment.…I think the adjustment of being a sales representative…and moving into a management role takes more time…than more people expect.…You're going from basically managing your own business…remotely and having regular but most likely not daily…contact with your colleagues.…Now as a manager, you're in a much more structured setting…
In this course, follow sales coach Dean Karrel as he explains what's unique about training, managing, and leading field salespeople. He covers topics such as the importance of giving field salespeople their independence, communicating remotely, the challenges of CRM, the need for travel, guiding your team through tough times, and managing performance from a distance.
- Understanding the role of a manager
- Managing up and managing down
- Leading those in the field
- Empowering your salespeople
- Managing meetings and check-ins
- Guiding your team through tough market conditions