Learn about the relationship between collaboration within the team and self-organization.
- I once attended a wedding that had…the most delicious cake I've ever eaten.…It was three layers, each with its own flavor:…almond cake under lemon cake under strawberry cake.…Absolutely fantastic.…It made me think of my Agile team at the time.…No, seriously, it did.…They were a wonderful team and had just attained…the level of maturity known as self-organizing.…I thought about what it took for them…to arrive at that place, and I recognized…that it's like a layer cake.…
There are essential elements to helping a team…become self-organizing.…The first foundational layer…to becoming self-organizing is trust.…As a leader, your first and primary job…as you launch your project with your team…is to establish a safe environment based upon trust.…Once you establish trust within the team,…your job isn't done.…Maintaining trust on the team is a full-time job.…It requires you to continue facilitating…open and honest communication.…
Doing this face to face is ideal,…but video calling can meet the need…when teams are distributed.…
PMI, PMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Agile principles and the agile mindset
- Defining valuable deliverables
- Engaging your stakeholders
- Collaborating across stakeholders
- Planning agile projects
- Troubleshooting projects
- Continuous improvement
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management: Comparing Agile Toolswith Doug Rose2h 58m Intermediate
Agile Project Management with Microsoft Projectwith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Intermediate
1. Agile Principles and Mindset
2. Value-Driven Delivery
Prioritize your backlog4m 42s
3. Stakeholder Engagement
4. Planning Your Agile Project
5. Team Performance
6. Troubleshooting Your Agile Project
7. Continuous Improvement
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.