Understand how to facilitate close collaboration while minimizing distractions on your agile team.
- There's an old adage…that if you want to go fast, go alone,…but if you want to go far, go together.…The vision and norms tell your team…where they're going, why, and set the ground rules.…These are great basics to get your team…off to a collaborative start…but they don't do much to reinforce…the collective commitment to deliver the vision.…However where they work can help.…In an ideal world agile teams are co-located.…
It's not enough to be located in the same city…or even on the same floor of the office building.…Co-location means they're physically located…in the same spot within 10 meters of each other…with no walls or other barriers between them.…You might be thinking that's really specific, what gives?…Well, within that space, many beneficial things…can help facilitate collaboration within the team…and commitment to your team members.…
Let's talk a little about some of them.…First there's the team space itself…and the information it can provide.…In your team space you'll usually have…lots of great information posted.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. PMI, PMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Agile principles and the agile mindset
- Defining valuable deliverables
- Engaging your stakeholders
- Collaborating across stakeholders
- Planning agile projects
- Troubleshooting projects
- Continuous improvement