In this video, learn helpful tips to reduce conflict and enhance group decision-making across stakeholders in your agile project.
- As a parent, whenever I couldn't come up…with a logical reason for something I wanted…my son to do or not do, I always pulled out my standby,…"Because I said so."…I know I'm not the only parent to use that one…and it would be really awesome if I could use it everywhere,…but I can't, especially not with my Agile teams…and stakeholders.…At work, I need everyone to closely collaborate.…In fact, the more involved people are in my project,…the more engaged they need to be.…
There's a direct correlation between involvement…and engagement.…On Agile teams, we focus on making decisions quickly…with no second guessing.…With Agile projects, the goal is…participatory decision making.…That means everyone gets to chime in with their ideas,…preferences, and votes.…This type of approach ensures greater levels…of satisfaction with the outcome.…Greater satisfaction yields more support.…
There are many techniques you can use to drive…your stakeholders towards convergence.…That's just a fancy word for collective agreement.…Convergence encourages discussion between people…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. PMI, PMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Agile principles and the agile mindset
- Defining valuable deliverables
- Engaging your stakeholders
- Collaborating across stakeholders
- Planning agile projects
- Troubleshooting projects
- Continuous improvement