Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Coaching employees, part of Performance Review Foundations.
…Coaching has quickly become the most popular paradigm for…describing the process of interpersonally helping and supporting employees.…Coaching is the process of observing and intervening with an employee,…with the goal of identifying skill-improvement…opportunities in support of short-term performance.…Increasingly being a great coach is required for your next promotion.…In two other lynda.com courses, New Manager Fundamentals and…Motivating and Engaging Employees, I address the coaching process.…
Here, I want to talk to you about a slightly more advanced take on coaching.…Coaching high performers towards stretch opportunities.…Where as coaching is typically focused…on discrete personal behaviors, and inter-personal…behaviors, at its outer limits coaching isn't just about building new skills.…It's about applying skills in new ways.…Coaching an employee to new levels of…achievement often requires stretching and growing their role.…And when you seek to stretch and grow an employee the…risks are big because they have to tackle new learning curves.…
- Describe why performance reviews are important.
- Explain why a manager might use informal feedback.
- Recognize when it’s important to have a witness present during an evaluation.
- Cite the benefits of performance improvement plans.
- Identify the primary goal of managing performance throughout the year.
- Describe when it’s time to discuss possible role changes for an employee.
- Explain the 360 review process.
- Cite ways to set expectations for a performance review meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Employee Performance Problems (2013)with Todd Dewett1h 53m Intermediate
1. Overview of Performance Management
2. Setting Goals with Employees
3. Gathering Feedback on Performance
4. Writing the Review
5. Delivering the Review
6. Taking Next Steps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.